IU-VNU would like to call for applicants for the MCI Summer Program 2022 in Austria. MCI summer program offers undergraduate courses with a focus on Innovation and Business/Entrepreneurship. Students can mix or take discipline-related courses. In addition, MCI Summer Program 2022 also offers online courses due to Covid-19. There will be 02 tuition-fee-waiver slots (both online and offline) for 02 outstanding students.
Course description and program details can be found at: https://tinyurl.com/2pk6pxdk
- Time of enrollment: 30 May to 24 June 2022
- Location: MCI Management Center Innsbruck, Austria
- 02 Official Transcripts (CIM will support students with this document);
- Motivational letter;
- 01 copy of passport information page;
- Application information and deadline: Interested applicants submit the application package in PDF format to Center for International Mobility (CIM) via email firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 January 2022.
- Tuition fee: Waived for 02 IU students (both offline and online)
MCI’s summer program fee DOES NOT include plane tickets, visa processing fees, housing or any personal expenses (e.g. meals, traveling, etc.).
Privately funded students: the program fees are as follows:
- Online: 250 EUR
- Offline: 350 EUR
Housing is not included in the summer program package, but MCI will assist participants to find housing in Innsbruck for the duration of the program.
- Estimated cost (for rent, food and leisure activities): approx. 1,000 EUR (3 weeks).
IU-VNU would like to call for candidates for Naik and Rastogi International Award for excellence in research in the field of Engineering and Technology 2022 established by Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay), India. More details are as follows:
- About IIT Bombay and the Award:
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) has been ranked #1 Indian University over the past four years by global standards (the top 50 in the 2021 world QS Ranking for engineering and technology);
- The ‘Naik and Rastogi International Award’ is envisaged to be the most prestigious award in South East Asia;
- Value of award: INR Lakh (USD 13.200) and a citation (the award will be presented and a citation on work of the awardee will be read out at the ceremony in the first week of August 2022 tentatively). Besides, it is expected that the awardee will visit IIT Bombay and present their research work and interact with the faculty and students (depending on the situation of Covid-19).
- Candidate requirements:
- Individuals from academics or the most acclaimed researchers, institutes engaged in research in the field of engineering and technology with impact in the real world with professional contributions over at least the last 10 years .
- Age limit: up to the age of 50 (for males) and 55 (for females).
- Selection process:
- The professional contributions of the nominees will be evaluated based on the technical, economic and societal impact.
- The announcement of the award will be made by IIT Bombay in the middle of June 2022.
- Application guidance:
Submit your application package to Center for International Mobility (CIM) and send the PDF file to email@example.com before 15 January 2022 for being supported with necessary paperwork before getting nominated to IIT Bombay. A full application package requires:
- Application form: https://tinyurl.com/yckkz5km
- A CV containing the following information:
- Fellowships of National/International bodies engineering and/or science academics/bodies;
- Awards and honors;
- Editorship of journals;
- Books published;
- The most significant publications in the entire career (up to 10);
- Other important contribution like books, outstanding technical reports, review articles, professional/technical investigation/consulting reports (up to 10);
- List of patents filed and granted;
- List of technology transfers and licensing;
- List of international journal publications.
- A copy of the Passport information page (still valid at least 2 years).
International University would like to call for applicants for the Seoul International Summer School in Summer 2022 (SISS 2022) hosted by University of Seoul (UOS). The programs are looking for visiting professors that foster talented students who are looking forward to leading the future and innovative education that creates social values together.
- Slots available: 08 professors in 8 fields.
- Salary: 11,000,000 KRW before tax.
- Note: Salary includes all airfare, accommodation fee, lecture fee, tax, exchange fee and remittance fee etc. There are no other expenses. Instructor fees are going to be paid in accordance with the instructor standards of UOS when the program is fully implemented online due to the worsening COVID-19 situation.
- Program period:
- Expected period: June 26 to July 23, 2022 (Note: Program period and class teaching method are flexible depending on the operating circumstances of the program).
- Daily schedule: see at https://tinyurl.com/47ytd7hx
- Application requirements:
- Qualified as an assistant professor;
- Under 65 years of age as of the scheduled date of appointment: those born after 01 September 1955;
- Have more than 10 years of experience in industries in the field of recruitment;
- Have more than 3 years of teaching experience in the field of recruitment in English.
- Applicants’ Responsibilities:
- Teaching one of undergraduate courses in English (course list below). Note: Selecting more than 1 field of study is not acceptable. In the case of double application, disqualification in all fields is processed;
- Target students: Korean and international sophomores/juniors at UOS;
- Total number of teaching hours: 45 hours (3 hours/day for 15 days).
||Course name (3 credits each)
||Issues in Finance
|Special Topics in International Business
|Global Marketing Management
||Economic Analysis of the Global Citizen
|Korea and Globalization
||Special Topics in Asian Studies
|Globalization and Multicultural Societies
6. Application package:
Please submit the physical documents to CIM (Room A2.604) and send the PDF files to email firstname.lastname@example.org before 10 January 2022 to be supported with essential administrative procedures. A full application package includes:
- Application form: Fill in the form and submit 01 PDF file: https://tinyurl.com/4fdsc8mt
- Major Statement: Fill in the form and submit 01 PDF file: https://tinyurl.com/3trp7r4k
- Letter of self-introduction, course proposal, course syllabus: Fill in the form and submit 01 PDF file: https://tinyurl.com/57b93y8m
- Letter of self-introduction: Major research experience and achievement, work/lecture experience, writing activity, award-winning experience;
- Course proposal (summary): Details of education and future plans;
- List of research results and evidence materials Fill in the form and submit 01 PDF file: https://tinyurl.com/yst2hcmx. Lưu ý:
- Only the research results within the last three years as of the deadline for document application (December 1, 2018 to December 31, 2021) are acceptable;
- Only the posting results by the deadline for application are acceptable;
- The expected publication performance is not acceptable.
- Diploma and Transcripts (01 file PDF):
- 1 copy of each of the diplomas for all bachelor’s, master’s, and Doctoral degrees mentioned in the education background and corresponding transcripts.
- Note: A certificate in a foreign language other than English must be submitted with a Korean translation with a personal signature.
- CV và career certificates (01 file PDF):
- A certificate of experience for all careers on the application must be submitted, and the period of experience not submitted is not recognized;
- Career certificates in foreign languages other than English must be submitted with a Korean translation with personal signature.
- Note: Additional evidence for the List of Research Results and career certificates can be requested to be submitted later for successful applicants).
- Consent Form for Collection, Use, and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties (Legal obligation) – Agreement to submit to background check for Sexual Crime (Legal obligation): Fill in the form and submit 01 PDF file: https://tinyurl.com/2p8nsmmd
7. Evaluation procedure:
Round 1: Basic Review: 03 criteria (total 50 points)
- Conformity with the field of recruitment: 20 points
- Lecture experience: 20 points
- A letter of self-introduction and course(research) proposal: 10 points
Round 2: Interview: Attitude as an educator, interview question-and-answer, personality and qualities as an instructor (total 50 points).
*Selection policy: The evaluation results of the judges are going to be averaged and selected in the order of highest score. Announcement of selection results will be made after May 2022.
Note: If a prospective candidate gives up appointment, the next priority among candidates who meet the criteria according to the results of the examination will be determined as the prospective candidate.
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to invite IU students to apply for Ernst Mach Grant – exchange scholarships at MCI Management Center Innsbruck, Austria. The details are as follows:
- Duration of scholarship: 01 or 02 semesters during AY 2022-2023 (starting with Fall semester 2022-2023, Sep/Oct 2022);
- Scholarship value:
- Monthly grant rate EUR 1,050;
- Travel costs subsidy of max. EUR 1,000.
- Target candidates: IU students
- Area of study/research: all fields at MCI, check at https://www.mci.edu/en/
- For more information:
https://grants.at/en/ => Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian university of applied sciences (Fachhochschule)
Applicants will be nominated to MCI. After being accepted and received Acceptance Letter from MCI, applicants will submit all documents to Ernst Mach Grant portal
- Application requirements:
- Application Form https://tinyurl.com/y3cpvs6r;
- Motivational Letter;
- Copy of Passport;
- Proof of extracurricular activities (if any) – merge all in 01 PDF file;
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must not be older than six months at the time of application.
- Transcript of Records will be requested by CIM
- Application deadline:
Application package converted into PDF file and submitted to email@example.com with Subject [EMG – Student name] by 20 December 2021
Wayne Gretzky once said that “You miss 100 % of the shots you don’t take”. This quote is certainly true for the experiences I had during my exchange semester at IU.
In the summer of 2020, I was doing an internship and prepared to go to Vietnam. But it seemed like I wouldn’t be able to go there because of the complicated COVID situation: The Vietnamese border was closed, I didn’t have a visa, and the second airline had cancelled my flight.
As I accepted that I would have to adapt my study plans to the circumstances, I received an email from the CIM-Team in early August. They asked which of the students still wanted to go to Vietnam because they would like to start an attempt to get visas for those that did. Since I had a backup plan, I decided to try it as the COVID situation in Vietnam simply was much better than in Europe. To my surprise, four other students and I got visas in late August. There was just one last hurdle to take: How would we get there? In close coordination with the CIM, we looked for flights, and we all ended up booking flights through the contact established by the IU-Team. The super awesome and friendly CIM guys also organised a quarantine hotel and transport from the airport for the five of us.
With everything sorted, we got our visas and took the flight to Vietnam in the middle of September: Ilari flew from Helsinki to Frankfurt to meet up with Daniel, Johannes & me. In Dubai, we then met up with Sofia, who flew in from Madrid. We participated in all classes online during our 14-day quarantine in the hotel and even before our flight. That is exceptional since lectures at the time happened “offline”, but the CIM and lecturers made it possible for us. In our free time, we looked for
our accommodation for the next few months.
As soon as we finished quarantine, we met up with the IU Buddies and the CIM team during a welcome dinner at a restaurant and a brief introduction session at IU. Both events were fun, and everyone was very welcoming & helpful all the time! During the semester, I also met with some buddies and stopped by the CIM office every now and then. At the end of the semester, we also had a farewell dinner for us exchange students. As it turns out, only two out of the five of us returned to our home country; the rest stayed. Personally, I decided to extend my stay in Vietnam since the Covid situation around the world was still generally worse than in Vietnam. I also still had to do an internship abroad as part of my studies. After much searching both on my own and with the help of CIM staff & IU lecturers, I finally found an internship. Again, I got a lot of support from IU for my visa extension. Without them, I believe, it would not have been possible to stay there so easily.
That way, I was able also to meet the new exchange students at their welcoming dinner and later even randomly met some of them on my way to Halong Bay. We spent a night together on a cruise ship in the bay, which I also thoroughly enjoyed.
During my internship, people I knew from IU regularly asked how it was going. That was great, especially during the lockdown towards the end of my time there, where they made sure that I was doing fine. Overall, I had a blast of a time in Vietnam and would not hesitate to go there again! Everyone from IU was super helpful, but I have to give special thanks to the IU buddies for being, well, great buddies, and everyone from the CIM team deserves a medal! Without them, this fantastic
year would not have been possible!
I am looking forward to revisiting Vietnam in the future and meeting the friends I made along the way there! Everyone that has the chance to visit IU should not hesitate to take that chance. Trust me. You will not regret it!
Yannick Traub – ESB Business School, Reutlingen University, Germany