IU-VNU would like to call for applicants for Student Exchange Program in Canada academic year 2023 – 2024. Applicants may apply for SEED Scholarship (Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development). This program opens for undergraduate/post graduate candidates.
Full details of SEED scholarship can be found at: https://www.educanada.ca/scholarships-bourses/can/institutions/asean-anase.aspx?lang=eng
- Each host institution reserves the right to determine the number of IU-VNU candidates to be nominated with SEED scholarship.
- It is possible that a student receives admission for the exchange program at a host institution, but is unsuccessful in their SEED scholarship application.
1. Host institutions in Canada:
2. Duration of program: Semester 1 (September, 2023 – December, 2023) or full academic year 2023-2024 (September, 2023 – April, 2024).
3. Application package: Required documents for Student Exchange Program in Canada includes:
- Application form (download at https://cim.hcmiu.edu.vn/outbound-download/);
- CV in English;
- 02 Official transcripts in scale 4 and scale 100 (candidates request at the Office of Academic Affairs/Graduate Affairs);
- Scanned copy of Passport information page (valid at least 12 months);
- Letter of motivation (approx. 500 words in English);
- Letter of proof of full-time enrolment from home institution (CIM will support eligible candidates with this document);
- Valid proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL).
Other required documents for candidates applying for SEED scholarship:
- Letter of recommendation from home institution (maximum one page):
- on official letterhead;
- dated within the last six months;
- from the candidate’s instructor, or professor at IU-VNU;
- explains the nature of study or research to be undertaken in Canada and how the home institution will benefit from this scholarship program;
- assesses the candidate’s commitment and capacity to use the program of study or research in Canada to help combat poverty and narrow the development gap in the ASEAN region.
- Letter of intent (maximum one page):
- explain the nature of studies or research to be undertaken;
- explain how undertaking study or research in Canada will empower the student to apply their learning to address the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
- explain how they intend to use their learning to help combat poverty and narrow the development gap in the ASEAN region in their future career; and
- identify the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) their proposed study or research in Canada is aligned with and will contribute to.
- provide an explanation of how their learning in Canada will help to combat poverty in their home country.
- Signed privacy notice statement (found at this link).
4. How to submit application:
Interested applicants submit the documents in PDF format on CIM portal at http://bit.ly/3AmXID8 before 6PM of December 25, 2022 (Sunday).
Management Center Innsbruck (MCI), Austria – a partner of IU-VNU is calling for exchange students applications in AY 2023 – 2024. Students may apply for Ernst Mach Grant (EMG) Scholarship which targets talented undergraduate and graduate students wishing to study at any Austrian academic institutions. The scholarship is sponsored and processed by Republic of Austria, Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF), and processed by OeAD-GmbH, Agency for Education and Internationalization. More details are as below:
- Term of study: Fall semester 2023 (4 months), or full academic year 2023-2024 (10 months)
- Venue: Management Center Innsbruck (MCI), Innsbruck, Austria
- Study program: see courses offered for bachelor and master students at https://www.mci.edu/de/
- Number of students to be nominated: 4 students
- Scholarship value:
- Monthly scholarship rate: EUR 1,150.
- Assistance in arranging accommodation and insurance: around EUR 250 to EUR 600 per month.
- Health insurance: Currently around EUR 55 to EUR 200 (guide value; depends on age, scholarship category and state of health).
- Travel allowance: Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel allowance of up to EUR 1,000 upon presentation of original receipts.
- Requirements: Applicants for EMG scholarship are required to:
- Meet IU Student Exchange & Study Abroad Programs eligibility requirements for participating in exchange programs (refer to cim.hcmiu.edu.vn/introduction).
- Have the approval from IU-VNU to go on an exchange program in a specific semester(s).
- Receive Letter of acceptance from Management Center Innsbruck.
Step 1: Student application and assessment by IU-VNU
- Applicants submit a full application to the Center for International Mobility (CIM) before 4 PM, 22 December 2022 (Thursday). Link to submit: http://bit.ly/3AmXID8.
- Note: In Page 2, select “Partner exchange” under Program type, choose
“Austria” in the Home country section, and choose “Austria – MCI” in the Host institution section.
A full application package includes:
- Application form: cim.hcmiu.edu.vn/outbound-download
- 2 Transcripts of record (scale 4 and scale 100) – Request at OAA (Room A2.708)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation. The letters of recommendation can be freely worded, must have letterhead, date, signature of the recommender and stamp and must not be older than six months when the application is submitted.
- Letter of Motivation (max 500 English words)
- Certificate of English proficiency
- Scanned copy of passport (valid at least 12 months)
Step 2: Student nomination and assessment by MCI
- IU-VNU will shortlist 4 students based on academic records, motivation to apply for EMG scholarship, and recommendation letters. After being nominated, applicants complete the online application guided by MCI via email later on.
- MCI Admission team will evaluate and send Letter of acceptance (LoA) to eligible students. Note: LoA is a must-have document when students move to Step 3.
Step 3: Online application with OeAD
- Students will be guided to submit documents (similar to step 1) up to the online system. Note: You are required to submit the LoA issued by MCI in this step.
Step 4: Wait for scholarship results from OeAD and MCI. CIM will contact successful students for further instructions regarding accommodation, visa application, course registrations, etc.
Students may read more about the Ernst Mach Grant scholarship in AY 2023 – 2024 at https://grants.at/de/. Go search for “Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian university of applied sciences” (Fachhochschule).
FAQ about the program at link.
IU-VNU would like to call for applicants for the Munich University of Applied Science (MUAS) “The Journey to Industry 4.0 – From Operational Excellence to Advanced Manufacturing and Smart Supply Chains” Summer School 2023 in Germany.
This summer school offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of Supply Chain Management and Operational Excellence as well as to experience the German education system and the beautiful city of Munich.
Course description and program details can be found at: https://tinyurl.com/yj9uw6re
- Time of enrollment: 17 July to 28 July, 2023 (2 weeks)
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Application package:
- 02 official Transcript of Record (scale 100 and scale 4.0);
- Letter of motivation (300 – 500 words);
- Certificate of English proficiency (level B2 of CEFR, TOEFL iBT 90 or equivalent);
- A copy of passport information page (valid at least 12 months);
- Profile picture.
- How to apply and deadline:
- Interested applicants submit the application package in PDF format to Center for International Mobility (CIM) via email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [MUAS Summer School 2023] – Full name – Student ID.
- Deadline: before 4PM, 27 February 2023 (Monday).
- Program cost:
- Program fee: €1,695 including tuition for all courses, company visits (incl. transfers), the official cultural and social program, free internet access at the university and a welcome package.
- Housing: €700 – 1600 depending on the chosen category (individually or at the hotel arranged by the university).
Food: Breakfast will be included in the hotel price. Students will additionally need approx. €10 – €20/day for food.
IU-VNU would like to call for applicants for the INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM (ISEP) for the academic year 2023-2024. There will also be financial support through ISEP Accessibility Scholarship.
Course description and program details can be found at: https://www.isepstudyabroad.org/planning/finances/study-abroad-scholarships/isep-accessibility-scholarship
Time of enrollment:
- Fall semester: August – December, 2023
- Whole academic year 2023-2024: August, 2023 – May, 2024
- Location: applicants can apply for up to 5 universities in the ISEP system.
- Application package:
- Application information: Interested applicants submit the application package in PDF format to Center for International Mobility (CIM) via CIM’s application portal. Application deadline: 25/01/2023.
- Program cost
- ISEP Application Fee (paid through ISEP Portal): 100 USD
- ISEP Placement Fee: 325 USD (for 1 semester); 425 USD (for 2 semesters)
- ISEP Insurance (paid to ISEP): TBC
- Tuition fee (paid to IU-VNU): (tentative) 14 IU credits x tuition rate
- Program fee (paid to IU-VNU): 3,500 USD
- Visa, round trip flight ticket: depends on country
- ISEP Accessibility Scholarship
- Value: 1100 USD
- Recipients are chosen via a lottery system after the submission of a brief application that establishes financial need, demographics, and a short personal biography..
- The scholarship award will be announced by late April.
IU-VNU would like to call for applicants for the Summer Program – Paris and the keys to Luxury Business in France. Rennes SB exchange program’s objective is to get fundamental knowledge on how and why French luxury brands are so successful where applicants will learn about the history of luxury and the current strategy of luxury brands, and visit luxury companies to meet the people who are making these brands so unique.
Course description and program details can be found at: https://tinyurl.com/ykphbmd3
- Time of enrollment: July 3 to July 13, 2022
- 02 Official Transcripts (scales 100 and 4.0);
- Proof of English proficiency: IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- 01 copy of passport information page;
- Application information and deadline: Interested applicants submit the application package in PDF format to Center for International Mobility (CIM) via email email@example.com with the title [Rennes SB Summer Program in Paris 2022] – Full name – Student ID before May 18, 2022.
- Program cost:
- With accommodation (11 nights, individual room in a student residence): 1950€ for partner universities
- Without accommodation: 1495€ for partner universities