Management Center Innsbruck (MCI), Austria – a partner of IU-VNU is calling for exchange students applications in AY 2023 – 2024. Students may apply for Ernst Mach Grant (EMG) Scholarship which targets talented undergraduate and graduate students wishing to study at any Austrian academic institutions. The scholarship is sponsored and processed by Republic of Austria, Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF), and processed by OeAD-GmbH, Agency for Education and Internationalization. More details are as below:
- Term of study: Fall semester 2023 (4 months), or full academic year 2023-2024 (10 months)
- Venue: Management Center Innsbruck (MCI), Innsbruck, Austria
- Study program: see courses offered for bachelor and master students at https://www.mci.edu/de/
- Number of students to be nominated: 4 students
- Scholarship value:
- Monthly scholarship rate: EUR 1,150.
- Assistance in arranging accommodation and insurance: around EUR 250 to EUR 600 per month.
- Health insurance: Currently around EUR 55 to EUR 200 (guide value; depends on age, scholarship category and state of health).
- Travel allowance: Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel allowance of up to EUR 1,000 upon presentation of original receipts.
- Requirements: Applicants for EMG scholarship are required to:
- Meet IU Student Exchange & Study Abroad Programs eligibility requirements for participating in exchange programs (refer to cim.hcmiu.edu.vn/introduction).
- Have the approval from IU-VNU to go on an exchange program in a specific semester(s).
- Receive Letter of acceptance from Management Center Innsbruck.
- How to apply:
Step 1: Student application and assessment by IU-VNU
- Applicants submit a full application to the Center for International Mobility (CIM) before 4 PM, 22 December 2022 (Thursday). Link to submit: http://bit.ly/3AmXID8.
- Note: In Page 2, select “Partner exchange” under Program type, choose
“Austria” in the Home country section, and choose “Austria – MCI” in the Host institution section.
A full application package includes:
- Application form: cim.hcmiu.edu.vn/outbound-download
- 2 Transcripts of record (scale 4 and scale 100) – Request at OAA (Room A2.708)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation. The letters of recommendation can be freely worded, must have letterhead, date, signature of the recommender and stamp and must not be older than six months when the application is submitted.
- Letter of Motivation (max 500 English words)
- Certificate of English proficiency
- Scanned copy of passport (valid at least 12 months)
Step 2: Student nomination and assessment by MCI
- IU-VNU will shortlist 4 students based on academic records, motivation to apply for EMG scholarship, and recommendation letters. After being nominated, applicants complete the online application guided by MCI via email later on.
- MCI Admission team will evaluate and send Letter of acceptance (LoA) to eligible students. Note: LoA is a must-have document when students move to Step 3.
Step 3: Online application with OeAD
- Students will be guided to submit documents (similar to step 1) up to the online system. Note: You are required to submit the LoA issued by MCI in this step.
Step 4: Wait for scholarship results from OeAD and MCI. CIM will contact successful students for further instructions regarding accommodation, visa application, course registrations, etc.
Students may read more about the Ernst Mach Grant scholarship in AY 2023 – 2024 at https://grants.at/de/. Go search for “Ernst Mach Grant for studying at an Austrian university of applied sciences” (Fachhochschule).
FAQ about the program at link.