The New Zealand Embassy in Vietnam is pleased to announce the New Zealand Scholarships Program for the Academic Year beginning in early 2021.
The New Zealand Scholarship Program for the 2021 academic year grants 30 full postgraduate scholarships (graduate and doctoral) to Vietnamese nationals who come from different disciplines and fields across the country. The scholarship receives applications for strong sectors of New Zealand as well as priority areas of the Government of Vietnam, for example: Climate change and Environment; Disaster risk management, Food security and Agriculture; Renewable Energy and Governance.
The New Zealand Scholarship Program will begin accepting online applications for the academic year beginning in early 2021 from February 1, 2020. The deadline for scholarship applications is February 28, 2020.
The New Zealand Scholarship Program prioritizes applications for the following majors: Climate change and Environment; Disaster risk management, food security and agriculture; Renewable Energy and Governance.
Climate Change and Environment
- Climate Change
- The science of climate change
- Environmental planning and policy
- Environment law
- Construction engineering
- Water resource management
- Natural resource management
Natural disaster risk management
- Natural disaster management
- Emergency management
Food security and Agriculture
- Agricultural science
- Agricultural Technology
- Farm management
- Food Technology
- Supply chain management
- Power supply system and technology
- Energy management
- Energy policy
- Geothermal, hydroelectricity, hydrothermal, solar and wind power
- Public services: Public policy, management of public services
- Vietnamese citizen and under 40 years old at the time of applying for scholarship
- Must have lived and worked in Vietnam for at least two years before applying for a scholarship
- At least 1 year of full-time work experience relevant to the proposed field of study
- Meet the admission requirements, including the New Zealand University’s English proficiency criteria that applicants wish to apply for.
- Commit to return to Vietnam at least 2 years after completing the course to contribute to the development of the country.
For more information about scholarships, criteria, and application guidelines, see https://www.mfat.govt.nz/en/aid-and-development/scholarships/
Useful information and sharing of candidates who have conquered the scholarship will be shared on the official Facebook page of the New Zealand Embassy www.facebook.com/nzembassyvietnam .
New Zealand Embassy
5th floor, 63 Ly Thai To
New Zealand Universities receive scholarship candidates: