IU-VNU would like to call for applicants for Student Exchange Program in Canada academic year 2023 – 2024. Applicants may apply for SEED Scholarship (Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development). This program opens for undergraduate/post graduate candidates.
Full details of SEED scholarship can be found at: https://www.educanada.ca/scholarships-bourses/can/institutions/asean-anase.aspx?lang=eng
- Each host institution reserves the right to determine the number of IU-VNU candidates to be nominated with SEED scholarship.
- It is possible that a student receives admission for the exchange program at a host institution, but is unsuccessful in their SEED scholarship application.
1. Host institutions in Canada:
2. Duration of program: Semester 1 (September, 2023 – December, 2023) or full academic year 2023-2024 (September, 2023 – April, 2024).
3. Application package: Required documents for Student Exchange Program in Canada includes:
- Application form (download at https://cim.hcmiu.edu.vn/outbound-download/);
- CV in English;
- 02 Official transcripts in scale 4 and scale 100 (candidates request at the Office of Academic Affairs/Graduate Affairs);
- Scanned copy of Passport information page (valid at least 12 months);
- Letter of motivation (approx. 500 words in English);
- Letter of proof of full-time enrolment from home institution (CIM will support eligible candidates with this document);
- Valid proof of English proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL).
Other required documents for candidates applying for SEED scholarship:
- Letter of recommendation from home institution (maximum one page):
- on official letterhead;
- dated within the last six months;
- from the candidate’s instructor, or professor at IU-VNU;
- explains the nature of study or research to be undertaken in Canada and how the home institution will benefit from this scholarship program;
- assesses the candidate’s commitment and capacity to use the program of study or research in Canada to help combat poverty and narrow the development gap in the ASEAN region.
- Letter of intent (maximum one page):
- explain the nature of studies or research to be undertaken;
- explain how undertaking study or research in Canada will empower the student to apply their learning to address the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
- explain how they intend to use their learning to help combat poverty and narrow the development gap in the ASEAN region in their future career; and
- identify the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) their proposed study or research in Canada is aligned with and will contribute to.
- provide an explanation of how their learning in Canada will help to combat poverty in their home country.
- Signed privacy notice statement (found at this link).
4. How to submit application:
Interested applicants submit the documents in PDF format on CIM portal at http://bit.ly/3AmXID8 before 6PM of December 25, 2022 (Sunday).