International University (IU) would like to announce The Hokkaido University Short-term exchange program (HUSTEP) in Japan. This is the opportunity for students to learn languages and Japanese cultures for 5-month living at Hokkaido University, Japan.
More information of the program are as followed:
- Time of enrollment: From April 2020 to August 2020.
- Be enrolled and pay tuition fees at their home university as a full-time student during the entire period of study in Japan.
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate study at their own university prior to arrival in Japan.
- Achieve GPA≥3.0 over the scale 4.0, or equivalent.
- Be proficient in English. Non-native English speakers must have a score of at least TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5.
– Applicants are not required to know Japanese to be eligible for application.
– Applicants studying Japanese are recommended to apply for Japanese Language and Cultural Studies (JLCSP) instead of HUSTEP.
- Application package: 1 original and 1 photo copy package
(Download application forms at: https://www.global.hokudai.ac.jp/admissions/exchange-student-admissions/exchange-programs-in-english-hustep/)
– HUSTEP Application Form 2017-2018 (including Cover page of HUSTEP 2020 Application Form and HUSTEP Application Form 2019-2020)
– Certificate of enrollment at International University;
– Recommendation letter
– Official Transcript of record;
– Certificate of Health;
– 03 portrait pictures size 4.5×3.5cm;
– TOEFL or IELTS Certificate;
– Copy of passport (not notarized);
Applicants of HUSTEP will be sponsored JASSO Scholarship with a grant of 80,000 JPY/month. Applicants need to fill in JASSO Scholarship application form attaching to HUSTEP program application package.
- Application Deadline:
Application package should be submitted to The Office of International Student Service Center (Room A2.604) before 27 September 2019.