International students and local students are eligible for exchange.

As the exchange or study abroad students, you remain enrolled full-time at IU while you are away to study abroad and continue to pay your usual tuition fee at IU prior to going abroad to study. This tuition fee will be determined by the number of courses you take abroad. And, the best of all, you DO NOT pay any tuition fee at the partner university. However, you are responsible for your own living expenses while studying overseas.


Requirements of IU-VNU:

  • Applicants: Bachelor and Master students of IU-VNU.
  • Criteria:

-Complete at least one year of full-time study and yet to defend Graduation Thesis.

-Complete these following courses: AE1, AE2, Calculus 1, Calculus 2 or Maths for Business.

-Achieve the equivalent of a cumulative GPA ≥ 68/100 (or equivalent).

  • Length of exchange program: from 01 to maximum 02 semesters

Requirements of Host universities:

– Some specific host universities have their own admission criteria or restrictions, such as applicable IELTS score, eligible applicants, etc.

– You will be informed by IU Outgoing Exchange Coordinator about these special criteria before your application.

English Proficiency:

English is the primary language of instruction at IU, so most of IU’s exchange partners do not require English proficiency assessment. However, it is required by some partner universities in the ISEP programs that students must hold an English proficiency certificate to apply to their universities (IELTS ≥ 6.5 or TOEFL ≥ 79).


– Before applying for exchange program, you should carefully consider the length of your exchange period. IU will not allow the change of the length of exchange during your stay overseas.

– To extend the period, you are required to come back to IU and re-start the application process.

– After the overseas study, you will have to come back to IU in time as stated in the signed ‘Terms & Agreement’.

– While on exchange, you are responsible for following the laws of the host country and the academic regulations of the host institution.