International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to invite IU students to participate Summer in Japan (Online program) at Kyushu University, Japan. The details are as follows:
- Program Schedule: Monday, July 5 – Tuesday, July 27, 2021
- Courses offered:
SIJ 2021 is a 4-week intensive study abroad program for undergraduate-level students in all academic fields, joining from all over the world.
Courses and activities:
- Academic Course- Interdisciplinary Lecture Series (ILS);
- Language Course- Japanese Language Course (JL);
- Virtual extracurricular activities;
- Student Tutors– One-on-one interaction and friendship;
- Online homestay– Optional.
- Program fees: 44,400 JPY as tuition fee
Kyushu University offers a limited number of scholarships to students with a strong undergraduate academic record. All applicants will be considered for the scholarship and recipients will be determined by Kyushu University. To receive the scholarship, a bank account for overseas remittance is required.
- Eligibility requirements
Applicants are required to meet all of the following four criteria:
- Undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in degree programs at accredited higher education institutions outside Japan;
- Hold a grade point average of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of application;
- Plan to continue their degree programs at their home universities following the completion of SIJ 2021.
- For more information: https://isc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/sij/online2021
- Application package:
– Short-term Application form: https://tinyurl.com/y36337sz
– CV (file PDF);
– Transcript of record (scale 100 & 4);
– 01 scan file passport;
– All the application materials required by Kyushu University at https://isc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/sij/online2021
- Application deadline:
Application package sent to A2.604 or email email@example.com (PDF file) by 15/03/2021
The Ministry of Gender Equality and Family (MOGEF), ROK in cooperation with the National Council of Youth Organization in Korea (NCYOK) and the AUN Secretariat is going to organize the ASEAN-Korea Youth Summit on 25-27 November 2020 via an online platform. (AUN) Secretariat aim to bring together 110 student representatives from 10 ASEAN Member States and the Republic of Korea to discuss the policies, mechanisms, and instruments of ASEAN-Korea cooperation, including the implementation of the ROK’s New Southern Policy in the three dimensions; People, Peace, Prosperity.
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to invite IU postgraduate students to participate in the workshop “Proposal Writing for Research Projects 2020” organized by DAAD. The details are as follows:
- Program duration: Saturday, 18 July 2020; 9:00 to 16:30
- Venue: DAAD Information Center HCMC, German House, 33 Le Duan, Ward Ben Nghe, District 1, HCMC
- Course description: The workshop will provide basic knowledge and skills that are needed to design and write a potentially successful proposal for scholarship or research funding (transform a research idea into a proposal) on the basis of lectures, group work and exercises. During the workshop, the participant proposals will be presented, discussed and evaluated.
- Target candidate:
– Must hold at least a MSc/M.A. degree or have equivalent research experience
– Possess English language skills, both written and spoken
- NGUYEN Thanh Phong – lecturer and researcher at Hoa Sen University
- Berndt Tilp – Director of DAAD Information Center HCMC
- Application package: (for more information: shorturl.at/qABE3)
- Academic CV
- 1-page proposal
- Registration: sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and the trainer, Dr. Nguyen Thanh Phong (email@example.com)
- Deadline for applications: 11:00PM, July 10th 2020
- Fee: No participation fee. Lunch and coffee break will be covered by DAAD
International University – Viet Nam National University Ho Chi Minh City would like to invite IU students to participate in 2020 SMART 2.0 Student Online Competition. The details are as follows:
- Participation Eligibility: All students from SATU member universities and must be currently enrolled in a full-time study program
- Theme of competition: Forging Creative Pathways with International Education－Utilizing Local Resources to Diversify Outreach and Innovation.”
- The 2020 Challenge:
- Identify up to five (5) important problem being widely experienced by distance learners;
- Develop innovative solutions to overcome these problems
- Instruction of registration, forming a team and submission: http://satu-smart.com/index.php
- Cash prize: up to $3,600
- Registration deadline: http://satu-smart.com/registration.php by 46 June, 2020
International Fair is annually organized to connect international students from different countries and local students. On this occasion, Japanese, Spanish, Finish, American, Austrian, German students are paired with IU buddies in booths to prepare and sell their traditional food/drink. Besides that, students are also involved in charity games and fund-raising activities to show their support toward the community.
On September 24, 2019, International Student Service Center welcomed 45 male students from Komaba Toho High School, Japan. The program was desired to bring Japanese students with cultural exchange activities and an environmental-related lecture named new project for the future. They had discussion with their IU buddies the best solutions for an idea related to wireless charging electronic cars battery as well as how to raise people’s awareness of environmental protection.